How to Claim a SuperLotto Plus Prize
Winning a lottery prize is an exciting experience. Whether it's $1 or the jackpot amount, you need to know how to claim the winnings. The process of claiming is different depending on how you played and how much you have won. Read on to find out everything you need before making a claim.
$599 and Under
If you win a prize of $599 or under you have three options to choose from when it comes to claiming:
- Visit your local Lottery Retailer: You can show your winning ticket to any lottery retailer and you will walk away with your winnings that day - this is the easiest and quickest option.
- Claim at a Lottery District Office: When claiming at a Lottery District Office, you can either make an appointment for in-person window service, or you can drop your claim off in the District Office lobby.
- For In-person Window Service you will need to make an appointment, complete a claim form and attach your winning ticket(s) and bring along some form of identification such as State ID card, Passport or Drivers License.
- For contactless drop-off you will need to complelte the relevant claim form, place it in an sealed and unstampeds envelope along with your winning ticket(s) and drop it in the secure box in the lobby of your local District Office.
- Claim via post: Your 3rd option to claim prizes under $599 is to send your winning ticket and completed claim form via certified mail to the Head Office at: California Lottery, 730 North 10th Street, Sacramento, CA 9581
$600 and Over
The process for caliming prizes over $600 is similar to the steps above however, you must fill out a claim form. You can either claim by dropping your completed form at a District Office, scheduling an appointment or sending your claim form and winning ticket(s) via certified mail.
You can claim prizes of up to $50,000 from any of the Michigan Lottery's regional offices. These claim centers have been open by appointment-only since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. The addresses are shown below:
|Headquarters||700 North 10th Street,
Sacramento, CA 95811
|Central Valley||7620 North Del Mar Avenue,
Fresno, CA 93711
|Inland Empire||11138 Elm Avenue,
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
|Sacramento||4106 East Commerce Way,
Sacramento, CA 95834
|San Diego||5656 Ruffin Road,
San Diego, CA 92123
|Richmond||618 South 8th Street,
Richmond, CA 94080
|Milpitas||900 Hanson Court,
Milpitas, CA 95035
|Chatsworth||9710 Topanga Canyon,
Chatsworth, CA 91311
|Santa Fe Springs||9807 Bell Ranch Drive,
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
|Costa Mesa||235 East BakerStreet,
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
When claiming a SuperLotto Plus prize, it is important that your claim is filed correctly to ensure the process can run smoothly and you can receive your money quickly. Here are some common mistakes that can cause delays:
- Filling out form correctly - Your form should be clear and legible with as much information as possible. Make sure your date of birth and address are both filled out correctly and are legible on the form
- Signing your form - If your form is not signed and dated, you could experience a delay with processing
- Include your winning ticket - Remember to sign the reverse of the ticket(s) and attach to your claim form
- Keeping a copy - Be sure to keep a copy of your completed claim form and a scan or picture of your winning tickets for your records